Monday, June 28, 2010

10 Week Appt

We went in today for what my doctor's office calls a "New OB Visit". This is basically the time when they walk you through information about when to expect appointments and tests, what to expect financially, and also to share the information about optional genetic testing.

During this appointment, I was also given a pap smear and a pelvic and breast exam. They had me take the glucose tolerance test early since diabetes runs in my family. All my labs and tests came back normal and everything seems to be in line. We were also able to listen to the baby's heartbeat again. It came in at a strong 178 beats per minute this time.

They say a faster heartbeat is likely a girl and a slower one, a boy. With the first ultrasound, I thought there was a chance for a boy. This heartbeat, however, would predict girl. I am still on the fence about what I think baby's gender is.

When we were pregnant with Molly, we opted out of the optional testing and will do so this time around as well. Our next appointment will be on July 20!

No comments:

Post a Comment